Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Blueberry Season

This morning Eileen McGurk, Eileen's dog Molly, a friend of Eileen's who lives in Cantwell, and I climbed Reindeer Mountain to get to a special blueberry patch that Eileen found.  Reindeer Mountain is off the Denali Highway and has a spectacular view of Mt. McKinley and the town of Cantwell.  If for no other reason, it was worth the climb just for the view.  The blueberries are large, plentiful, juicy and very sweet.  It didn't take long to get a nice quart or more each.
Cynthia & Eileen hunting for their berries

Eileen with her container of precious berries - Molly is so envious!

Molly with her pick - a Moose bone!

My "stash" of blueberries - Yum!

I think that we'll be having blueberry pancakes soon.  Or, should I make a blueberry dessert; maybe both and I'll just have to go out and pick some more on Wednesday.  Oh, it's too hard to decide, maybe I'll just eat them right out of the container.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment