Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Reno & Lake Taho

Today we drove from Winnemucca NV to the Placerville KOA (California). When we drove through Nevada, the scenery was so dry & "moon surface" like. I was really impressed with Reno. Very nice city, clean & traffic was pretty good. Shortly after going through Reno, we saw some Hot Springs off to the side of the freeway. I forgot that there were hot springs in this part of Nevada.

We left I-80 for California 89 so that we could drive the scenic route around the west side of Lake Taho. What a drive! I've never seem such beautiful huge pines in my life. The lake it's self is as blue as the sky & over 1600 feet deep. Think that's cold water?

The drive on 89 is a little scary in spots. We had several hairpin turns while towing a vehicle, that I give a lot of credit to Roger. We climbed up to over 9500 feet & the campground is at 1500 feet. This campground is nice but the WiFi stinks! I'm posting all of this via my iPhone.

We should get into Monterey early tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, the connection will be better at the next campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment